playa del rey,
a straw telescope
You Save: $150 (18%)
A crush-worthy beauty of that golden hour when, with the sun's glow still on the horizon, the night sky begins to emerge.
- Playa del Rey, a designer straw hat in classic semi-bleached natural straw dressed in aquamarine gemstone nuggets; sterling silver wire; antiqued sterling hat pins; antiqued sterling delicate chain; and navy, and black and grey textiles.
- Wrapped in navy grosgrain ribbon, and black over creme double-dyed silk ribbon.
- Kissed with three aquamarine nuggets.
- Resting around and tucked into the ribbons are our popular delicate pavé chain, one of our boho soldered chain paperclip-style links, and our textural hat pins, all in blackened sterling silver (antiqued effect by plating in rhodium).
- Accented with sterling wire, hand stitched.
- Metallic, steely grey embroidered stars and other stichwork (by hand, of course).
- Telescope crown hat shape, short-stack style, and flat brim.
- Hand-shaped hat made of natural straw, semi-bleached hue.
- Dominique Cohen silk liner.
- Leather sweatband stamped with, "see the good" to inspire you every time you bank this beauty in your hand to put her on; custom inscription absolutely available upon request.
- Lovingly, skillfully handmade in USA (California).
Custom motifs and palettes (custom everything) absolutely available: We love talking hats — and jewelry — with clients. Let's customize a hat just for you — the shape you love (perhaps that best suits your bone structure), the color, the textile and jewelry accents, the level of distressing, the inscription… you name it, and we'll design the rest into your personal, wearable work of art. Just ask.
Your hat size.
Determining your hat size is so easy: Run a tape measure (or string) around the circumference of your head an inch or so above your ears, leaving just enough wiggle room to fit your finger between your head and the tape/string. If using a tape measure, there's your hat diameter (see below); if you use a string, piece of ribbon, or similar, then compare with a ruler (or use a phone app) to see the length value. Or, message us and we'll help you with sizing — or with designing your dream hat!