a straw, double-pinch cowboy
This hand-distressed straw beauty is perfect hanging out at the beach, running errands (in style!), you name it. Check out her unique double-pinch crown, and banked sides — lovely to look at, flattering to wear!
We worked with our silks artisan to bring you a double-dyed palette of rich robin's egg blues interlaid with mossy greens and golden kelpy to darkly rich browns. So beautiful! Hand-torn in our signature style, and layerd with an icy-blue grosgrain sari tie over a dark ribbon. Accented in yellow gold signature sweets: our beloved, diamond-kissed 18k butterfly; a hand-stitched, in-brim gold wire butterfly; textural gold hat pins; and additional gold wire stitchwork. Yes!
We love talking hats — and jewelry — with clients. Let's customize a hat just for you — the shape you love (perhaps that best suits your bone structure), the color, the textile and jewelry accents, the level of distressing, the inscription… you name it, and we'll design the rest into your personal, wearable work of art. Just ask.
- Butterfly Beach, a tealy-blue straw hat.
- Double-pinch cowboy shape.
- Teal blue color.
- Moderately distressed (by hand, of course).
- Textile trimmings include our hand-torn, 2x ice-dyed silk in our robin's egg and moss palette over a grosgrain base ribbon, and topped with an icy blue sari tie.
- 18k yellow gold diamond-kissed DC butterfly charm.
- Yellow gold textural hat pins.
- Yellow gold wire hand stitching, including an in-brim graceful butterfly.
- Dominique Cohen silk liner.
- Leather sweatband with the inspiration, "self love"; custom message absolutely allowed.
- Lovingly, skillfully handmade in USA (Los Angeles).
Your hat size.
Determining your hat size is so easy: Run a tape measure (or string) around the circumference of your head an inch or so above your ears, leaving just enough wiggle room to fit your finger between your head and the tape/string. If using a tape measure, there's your hat diameter (see below); if you use a string, piece of ribbon, or similar, then compare with a ruler (or use a phone app) to see the length value. Or, message us and we'll help you with sizing — or with designing your dream hat!
Caring for your baby.
We created your hat with love. Show her a bit of love in return, and she'll last and last.