carmel by the sea,
a straw, double-pinch cowboy
Golden and versatile like her namesake, this beautiful handmade straw hat can span the seasons with you: she's equally at home shading your eyes by the ocean as she is paired with jeans for in-town errands (in style!), or turning a simple summer sundress into an outfit.
With her unique double-pinch crown and cowboy-style banked sides, she's both lovely to look at and flattering to wear!
We accented her gorgeous bones with yellow gold silky empbroidery; yellow gold wire to refract light here, then there; grosgrain ribbon in driftwood burned with a lightly distressed flowers; and, our popular, beautiful double-dyed silk in moss over robin's egg hues that play back to her 18k yellow gold buddha link flower pistols and her “in the moment” inscription (custom inscriptions absolutely allowed). A harmony of serene beauty.
We love talking hats — and jewelry — with clients. Let's design a hat specifically for you — the shape you love (and that best suits your bone structure), the color, the textiles, the jewelry, the level of distressing, the inscription… you specify as much (or as little) as you like, and we'll design the rest into your personal, wearable work of art. Just ask.
- Carmel by the Sea, a light tobacco hue straw hat.
- Double-pinch cowboy shape.
- Light tobacco (burnt gold) color.
- Textile trimmings include our hand-torn, 2x ice-dyed silk in our moss green over robin's egg blue palette; and our grosgrain ribbon in driftwood in a distressed, burned flower motif.
- 18k yellow gold DC buddha link accents, and hand-embroidered silky detailing.
- Yellow gold wire accents.
- Dominique Cohen silk liner.
- Leather sweatband with the inspiration, "in the moment"; custom message absolutely allowed.
- Lovingly, skillfully handmade in USA (Los Angeles).
Your hat size.
Determining your hat size is so easy: Run a tape measure (or string) around the circumference of your head an inch or so above your ears, leaving just enough wiggle room to fit your finger between your head and the tape/string. If using a tape measure, there's your hat diameter (see below); if you use a string, piece of ribbon, or similar, then compare with a ruler (or use a phone app) to see the length value. Or, message us and we'll help you with sizing — or with designing your dream hat!
Caring for your baby.
We created your hat with love. Show her a bit of love in return, and she'll last and last.
from the collections…gorgeous greens and teals hats hats and apparel knockout neutrals new arrivals