Cookie and Privacy Policies
Information We Collect
We collect and store information from or about you:
(1) Directly, when you directly provide the information to us by…
- registering or creating an account (typically, you supply your name and email address);
- purchasing services and/or products (typically, you supply billing information associated with your debit/credit card
- please note that we do not store credit/debit card numbers: when you make a payment through our Service, your credit/debit card information is stored by our credit card processing gateway, Converge® by Elavon; for more information about Converge’s data storage and privacy terms, visit https://www.elavon.com/solutions/payment-gateways/converge.html);
- requesting assistance from our customer support team (e.g., your email or phone number);
- completing contact forms, newsletter requests, or similar, or participating in contests and surveys;
- making public contributions to the Service (for instance, when you interact with third parties through the Service or submit a product review);
- or otherwise participating in activities we promote that require information about you.
(2) Automatically, when you use and interact with the Service. Automatically collected information includes…
- your general activity on the Service (for instance, your viewing history and search activity, including the date and time the Service was used);
- identifiers such as an anonymized session identifier;
- your geographic location, which we may use to provide you with location-based services such as advertising and personalized content; most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings;
- website traffic volume, frequency of visits, and type and time of transactions you initiate through the Service;
- information regarding your interaction with email messages (for instance, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded an email message);
- >your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the type and settings of the device, operating system, and browser used to access the Service;
- and other information gathered through cookies and similar technologies, which are discussed below within “Cookies and Similar Technologies”.
(3) From other sources — service providers:
- We may receive information about you from our service providers and business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management (for instance, for measuring ad quality and responses to ads, and for displaying ads most likely to be relevant to you), account management, hosting, customer and technical support, and other services we use to personalize your Service experience.
How We Use Your Information
We use information about you for several general purposes, including to: operate, maintain, and optimize the Service and your account; improve the quality and types of services we deliver; diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Service; respond to questions, comments or other requests; provide you with technical support; contact you for feedback or conduct research about our customer base or Service; provide you with information regarding our products and services; process payments and provide you with the services you’ve paid for or requested; notify you of technical updates or changes in policy; process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfill any related awards or discounts; understand and analyze how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you. We may provide you with these materials via online social platforms, websites, phone, text/SMS, postal mail, or email, as permitted by applicable law; collect aggregate statistics about use of the Service; analyze and develop our marketing strategy; and provide data and analytics to research companies and marketers, as described in Section 4, below.
By using the Service, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies:
- Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. The text files can be read by the websites to help identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” based: Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, whereas session cookies are deleted when you close your web browser. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag to tailor the advertisements you see on this website and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
- We use third-party analytics service providers to assist us in collecting and understanding website usage information. We use information from these services to help us improve our website and the services we provide to our users.
We may share information about you with the following third parties:
- Service providers: We share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide services associated with the Service, including to provide measurement and analytic services. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited, without your explicit consent, from utilizing, sharing, or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than for which they have been specifically contracted.
- Advertisers: We allow advertisers to collect and use information they need to confirm that their ads are properly served and to measure the success of their campaigns on websites and apps. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit other related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. If you prefer that we do not share your personal data with third-party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 8 below.
- Business Partners and Affiliates. We may disclose your personal data to our business partners and affiliates with whom we have contracted to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you. For example, your personal information may be shared with business partners with whom we jointly offer products and services. We require our business partners and affiliates to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of the personal data they obtain on our behalf.
- Other users: information in product reviews you post will be accessible by other users of the Service.
- Others With Your Consent: We may ask for your explicit consent to share certain information with third parties.
We may also share information about you in the following contexts:
- Pursuant to an investigation: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
Social Media Sharing
Do Not Track Settings
Please note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. The Service does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” from a visitor’s browser.
Controlling Your Personal Data
- Please note that the Service may contain links to unaffiliated third-party sites. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- You can adjust your privacy settings by following the appropriate links on our Service or by contacting us. If you receive an email from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
- The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at optout.networkadvertising.org, or youronlinechoices.com and optout.aboutads.info.
- Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Service or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
Data Retention and Account Termination
You can update or correct personal information (e.g., your email address) by accessing your account. You can also access or request to delete your information by sending an email to email@example.com with your first name, last name, and the respective email addresses you would like for us to delete.
Please note that we have the right to reject deletion requests that are unduly burdensome or repetitive or that cannot be honored in light of legal obligations or ongoing disputes, or where retention is necessary to enforce our agreements or protect our or another party’s rights, property, safety, or security. For example, we may retain information to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service or to comply with legal obligations. The time-period for which we keep information varies according to the information’s use. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we plan to retain it for no longer than is necessary to fulfill a legitimate business need. Please also note that even after you have deleted your account, other content associated with your use of the Service may still be accessible and viewable in accordance with applicable law and our Terms of Service.
We may maintain Anonymized Data after you delete your account for analytics purposes.
The Service is not directed to children under 16 and children under 16 are not permitted to use the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal data without parental consent, please contact us (see “Contact Information”). If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal data without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the applicable account.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect information about you, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We strive to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may act, depending on the circumstances, as either or both a Controller and a Processor of personal data (as these terms are defined in the GDPR). We act as the Controller of information that we ask you to provide to create an account and information that we automatically collect when you use the Service. We act as the Processor of user-generated content and information provided to us by third parties or other websites. EEA users have the right to request access to personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct their personal data. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
California-Resident Privacy Rights
- your browser settings — block third party cookies in your browser settings;
- your use of privacy browsers/plug-ins — use privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block advertising trackers;
- your platform settings — use opt-out settings offered by some of the advertising companies that we work with (Google’s opt-out browser add-on, for instance);
- your mobile settings — use your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in opt-out programs, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Our sharing of information may also constitute as a “sale” as defined under the CCPA. You may submit a request to opt-out of this information sharing by contacting us at 323-404-2959, or by sending an email to email@example.com with “Privacy Update, Please” in the subject line.
Your CCPA Rights
As a California resident, you have the following rights as of January 1, 2020:
(1) To Information — You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected;
- the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information
- whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information disclosed to each category of third party recipient
- whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
(2) To Access — You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
(3) To Deletion — You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
(4) To Opt-out — You can opt-out of any “sale” of your Personal Information as defined in the CCPA.
(5) To Nondiscrimination — You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
You may submit a request to exercise your right to information, access or deletion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy Update, Please” in the subject line. We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process these requests and will need to confirm your identity. Government-issued identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing a valid power of attorney or other proof of authority acceptable to us in our reasonable discretion, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government-issued identification. You can submit a request to opt-out of sales of your Personal Information. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient information to allow us to understand and respond to it. In certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
SMS/ TEXT MESSAGES
When you consent to receive SMS ("Text Messages") from us, we use the contact information you submit to text you marketing communications. We never share your information with any third party, nor will we sell your information.
Unsubscribe from Text Messages at any time by replying with STOP to any campaign. Or, contact us — email email@example.com, or phone 323.404.2959.
Modifications to This Policy
If you have any further questions regarding our privacy practices or information about you, please feel free to contact us by email or telephone:
Dominique Cohen, 9513 S. Santa Monica Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Policy last updated 10/10/21.